Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'll get to updating more details one day.

For now I have updated the charts to show % equity from myfxbook as have decided to keep actual $ private. The chart are a link to myfxbook which show the actual trades but not the equity$ (but if your smart you can guess from the lot size & knowing that I usually now only risk 2 to 5 % of equity for any trade).

The one thing I kind of don't like is the large drawdown numbers are from early days trading with $500 & wetting my feet with a commercial expert which didn't go so well . Since then I have gotten serious, deposited some more cash, programmed my own EA's & learnt to control risk properly, but hey it's an honest result, nothing has been altered.

2 comments:

Nizar said...

Hi Dave.

Nice blog.

You mention that you didn't like some of the drawdown figures.

But by looking those charts, it seems you are well compensated for the risk that you are taking.

35-60% per month is certainly nothing to scoff at!!

Nizar.

Unknown said...

Thanks Nizar, it isn't too bad isn't it. I find my risk is getting lower as the equity $ increase as I don't like losing the larger amounts even though the percentage may be same! Probably a good thing, I never want to blow out.